There are many factors to consider when choosing the right server cabinet for your application, please read our top five cabinet considerations below:-
- Server Cabinet Cooling Systems
- The choice of server cabinet will also depend on the cooling system implemented in your business. Hot Aisle Containment (HAC) and Cold Aisle Containment (CAC) is a highly effective process of airflow management that results in the optimisation of cold air usage, improving the cooled air flow through the aisles, data and server cabinets. With the rise in energy costs planning to be energy efficient is also an important factor to consider activities can include reduce the number of PDUs used, choose a rack with better cable management and space for airflow.
Please click here to view Rainford’s HAC and CAC solutions…
- Power Management
- Power distribution units (PDUs) and battery backup are also important factors to consider when choosing your server cabinet along with the number of outlets required. Remote power products such as intelligent power strips will help to reduce server downtime and reboot problems can be solved from a remote location via internet access, whereas standard power strips can provide vital information and must be managed on-site.
Please click here to view Rainford’s range of accessories…
- Cabinet Size
- Server cabinets and indoor racks are available in a wide range of sizes up to 48U, 19 inch and ETSI standard, wide range of widths from 600mm, 800mm and 1000mm, wide range of depths from 600mm, 800mm, 900mm, 1000mm and 1200mm. Key features and benefits may include:- modular construction, factory built, bay construction (with the use of baying kit), hybrid design, thermal efficiency, hot and cold aisle containment, secure locking solutions, a range of cable management options and accessories.
It is important to choose a server cabinet with sufficient internal space to house your equipment and to also ensure that the external size is correct for the cabinets allocated floor space. Choose the correct height so that the server cabinet can be transported underneath doorways and also meets any safety regulation requirements. Also ensure that the cabinet weight is not too heavy to move and that correct loading techniques are used such as heavy items or pieces of electrical equipment are placed at the bottom of the cabinet to prevent it from tipping over.
Please click here to view Rainford’s range of indoor racks…
- Businesses are continuously looking for ways to improve their security solutions, in response to the demand from the server cabinet and 19 rack industry where security and protection ranks very highly for an increasing number of businesses and to help protect them against anti-vandalism. Server cabinet considerations include:- fire protection, highly secure locking solutions, lockable front and rear doors, limiting the number of windows in the building and providing secure entrance and exit routes and installing CCTV for additional security measures.
Please click here to view Rainford’s security solutions…
- Cabinet Design
Choosing the right server cabinet and rack and configuring them to match your business needs will ensure that your IT equipment will operate reliably and efficiently and can help improve power protection, cable management and physical security.
Server cabinet design considerations include:- indoor cabinet height, width, depth and load rating, cabinet layout, room attributes, electrical equipment placing, cable management and environmental protection.
There are also several cabinet options and accessories you can choose from including:- cable trunking kit, chassis runner kit, socket strips, shelving, top and side panels, mounting rails, heavy duty castor kit and RAL paint colour.
Please click here to view Rainford’s range of server cabinets…
Rainford server cabinets and indoor racks are a perfect solution for an extensive range of indoor industries including telecommunications, data centres, office environments, datacomms, server centres, comms rooms, factory, automation, bespoke applications and many other internal applications.
Rainford server cabinets and indoor racks can be engineered to your desired specification, or you can choose from our standard Vanquish® product range of indoor racks and indoor cabinets.
Call our team today for expert advice +44 (0) 1744 889 886